CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother May I...

Ever wondered why Mother's Day is in May??? Did someone think of the phrase "Mother may I" and think to themself..."May is the perfect month to have Mother's Day". It would've been even better if they had thought to have it on May 1st. (Mother's Day May 1st=Mother May I)

Anyway, here's what comes to mind when I think of the word MOTHER...

Memories~My mom always has a camera with her to catch the kodak moments. In her spare time (almost a foreign concept since she doesn't get much), she likes to use photoshop and put together slideshows, wedding announcements, baby announcements, anything to do with pictures and making memories.

Original~She's so creative and makes things fun. I remember when my dad went with my brother on a scout camping trip. My sister and I wanted to go but it was only for the scouts. My mom suggested we build a fort out of blankets & chairs and roast hot dogs & marshmellows over the stove top. Good times.

Trusting~Too trusting sometimes. Some would even call it being gullible. Each of us kids have taken advantage of that and played some pretty good pranks on mom. Luckily, she's forgiving too. =0)

Hard-working~As if it's not hard enough to raise 5 kids, my mom has always had a job. Sometimes even two or three. Of course, maybe it was more of a break from us kids...hmmmm.

Explorer~Loves traveling & seeing the sights. Although my mom has dreamed of touring Europe for quite some time, she has settled for traveling to several places in the states. However, her dream will come true this coming fall now that they have enough sky miles. Yeah!

Rewarding~Having her for a mother is just that...rewarding.

2 comments:

Diane said...

What a sweet tribute to your mom. I hope she grabbed a tissue. I didn't with Kandis' blog and I needed one bad! You are a great daughter and that was really touching.

Wendy L said...

So Smart about the May thing! Smart little cookie!