CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Holy Fireworks Batman!!!

This is why they call me a pyro!!!!!

This Indepence Day was obviously a BLAST!...... but for more reasons that just shooting off fireworks. The night before, my family and I celebrated my brother's belated birthday (since we all went to Bear Lake while he had to stay home and work on his birthday weekend). We celebrated by going to the Redwood Road Drive-In Theatre where we saw WALLE and Prince Caspian. Both were really good in my opinion.

The next morning, we had a family breakfast with my parents ward. It's always good to see old friends and there were definitely some unforgettable moments. One was my bro-in-law putting away his grill that he let my dad borrow. He was on his way to the car to put it away when my sister went to kiss him and he said,"Why ya'll gettin' up in my grill?!" That was hilarious! And the other one was when I was finishing up my breakfast and sitting next to my dad when my mom came over. She briefly talked with him and gave him a quick peck on the lips before turning to leave. Of course, she didn't get very far before he stuck his hand in the back of her jean pocket and pulled her back for a real kiss! I almost choked on my breakfast because I was laughing so hard yet then managed to say,"Wow! It's only the morning of July 4th and you're already setting off sparks!" Then my sister came over to the table and I asked her,"Did you see those fireworks?"

After the breakfast, some went shopping for fireworks while some of us stayed home playing the Wii which became very addicting. It was like Christmas when they came home with that many fireworks! Later that night we enjoyed a lovely meal provided by the Colonel (KFC) and then went to Coldstone. While eating our ice cream, we were very much entertained by the girls. Eliza kept wiping Brooklyn's mouth even though her mouth was extremely messy and it gets better...she ran out of napkins and goes over to the counter where the workers are and says,"I need more napkins for the little girl." Kids say the darnest things! It was seriously a funny sight to see!!! We then went home and lit all the fireworks and had tons of fun! I wish everyday were Indepence Day....I'd always have the day off, I could light fireworks anytime I wanted and as many as I wanted. Luckily for me, being a pyro and all, July 24th is coming up and is another chance to do more fireworks!!!

3 comments:

JaNae said...

Can I come and light some with you on the 24th? I love when you get in those fire moods:)

Lindsay said...

Sweet Fireworks! I have to admit that I might be a little bit of a pyro myself. Maybe its something to do with the light. I'm just drawn to it.
"Don't go towards the light man."
"But it's so beautiful! Ahhh!" :p
I find that lighting off fireworks at home usually tends to be more fun that just watching someone do it. I love your blog too! The firework theme is great! Thanks chicka! :)

Diane said...

Sounds like such a fun family day. Glad to see you had a fun holiday. We miss you around here. Drop by.