CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tribute to Dr. Seuss

Whose books always amuse? Could it be...Dr. Seuss?
Yes, yes, now there's a great man,
of him I've always been a huge fan!
This morning I ate green eggs and ham! I am a fan! Yes, I am!
He's ever so clever with his words, and even more so, with his cat, fish, and birds.
He's a modern day Shakespeare, creating new things,
the Wump, Gack, Gox, and the Yings.
The Swommie-Swans, Wasket, Woset, and Nook,
more & more creatures in each new book.
The creativity never stops,
there's the Zeds, Zans, Yinks & and Yops.
And Who could forget the cream of his crops....
the Wocket, Lorax, & Sneeches with features,
everybody loves to read of these creatures.
He makes rhyming look like a cinch.
Don't believe me?...just read the Grinch!
To one whose books always amuse,
this tribute goes out to Dr. Seuss!
And those not yet fans as I am...
may I suggest you try green eggs and ham!





3 comments:

Diane said...

Did you write that tribute? Have you been hiding your artistic poetry talents??????????

JaNae said...

I didn't know you wrote poetry:) It's great and I love Dr.S too...and writing poems. No surprise we are friends.

Telefone VoIP said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.