CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 6, 2008

3rd Annual Triathlon

For the past 3 years, my friends do a triathlon.
Each year strengthening their brain and brawn.
A few weeks ago, I began to train
With nothing to lose and everything to gain.
While Shan and I went to the Aquatic Center to swim,
JaNae and Wendy devoutly exercised at the gym.
They put together these really sweet Adidas bags.
Holding a shirt, power bar, gel and our very own tags.
Oh, and let’s not forget the Gatorade.
Now if I just had a box of first aid.
Oh well…most of it’s mental and takes a strong mind.
The hardest part is when I fall behind.
My friends are faster than me, no matter how I try,
Even when I get a head start, they still pass me by.
This year will require a lot more hustle
And hopefully I’ll avoid pulling a muscle.
I’m excited for running since it’s mostly downhill
And running with friends is always a thrill.
But before too long, they’ll get ahead
Leaving only footprints for me to tread.
At least it’s comforting listening to my MP3’s
With an occasional feel of a nice light breeze.
With biking on the second round,
Maybe I can make up some ground.
They say 2 heads are better than 1,
So 3 wheels instead of 2 would help a ton!
And though I wish I had a shiny red Tryke,
Guess I’ll have to do with my rundown green bike.
Because it’s too late to change, I have to settle.
So I’ll stop whining and put my foot to the pedal.
When I reach the pool for round three,
I’m sure all eyes will be on me!
Wearing a leopard-print swimming suit
Most people think is really cute.
Hopefully they see me go the extra length
Surviving off the rest of my strength.
I may look weird with my goggles and nose plug.
But once I get going, I become a water bug.
My only hope is that my strength doesn’t diminish
So I can keep going and hold out till the finish.
My prediction is that my friends will finish pretty fast,
While I take my sweet time and come in last.
But even if it takes a wing and a prayer,
I’d rather be the tortoise than the hare.
I know I can do it and I know I don’t suck,
But do me a favor and wish me good luck!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Are you really a Bryant? That poem had definite Bryant rhyme! You are good. Next rhyming party we have , you are invited. Prayed for you for the triathalon today. Sounds like you did really good. Congrats.

Kandis said...

It really was a great poem, I think you discovered a new talent! I'm glad that you made it through and that you finished! I knew you could do it!!!!

Wendy said...

You had good luck! Sweetness!

JaNae said...

I know i'm always telling you this...but everything is always more fun when you are there. I can't wait till the desnews. Thanks for being so much fun.

Cade said...

Shan said it was tough but very fun. Great job on challenging yourself physically. It's funny that something so physical is really mental. Congrats on the Win. Yes you won because with all endourance races everyone who finishes wins.