CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Look on the bright side...

Looking on the bright side of things isn't always easy! Throughout my life I've considered myself a pretty positive person but I have to admit...it's due to great examples! These are just a few of the friends and family I admire for their positive outlook on life. Even when life is hard they are persistent in making life better or at least finding some good in the midst of bad circumstances. Don't be fooled...it's not just the shades that are helping them to look on the bright side. =0)




Other than these friends & family, there's a short story I got from Peter Breinholt that helps with having the right perspective on life. He spoke at an institute activity right before my mission & said that he got this from a youth speaker. It's called:

HOW I FINALLY TAUGHT THE BIG GUY A LESSON
I did not provoke the fight so I feel no remorse for what I was forced to do. We were arguing, and seeing that I was right and he was wrong, he decided to fight to cover for his stupidity.
He swung at me first, but being in the top of condition, I was able to act quickly and block the punch neatly with my head. Whereupon I jumped to the ground knocking him down on top of me. Then I placed my ear in his mouth and poked his finger several times with my eye.
His teeth hurt so from the strength of my ear that he became irate and tried to kick me, but I cleverly blocked the onslaught with my ribs and face. I scrambled to my feet and ran to my car in hopes I would get away and save this man from my deadly hands.
Before I could start the car, he pulled me from the still open door. I then proceeded to swing at him, but only managed to hit myself in the head. Then I said: "What's this? Two against one?" That was the final straw--I lost all control. There will be no mercy!!
Taking him in my death grip, I pounded him in the knee with my stomach then hit him two or three times hard in the fist with my teeth! He had had it! I could tell. After that he didn't even try to pick me up off the ground. He was too chicken!!!!
PERSPECTIVE IS EVERYTHING!!









4 comments:

JaNae said...

Great story:)....and thanks for being my friend. You are always nice to me and make me smile. Can't wait for summer to come so we can go to the pool and you can show off in front of all the polys.

Kandis said...

I can't believe you posted that picture of me! It was a cute post though and you're right....you are always a positive person!!!!

Wendy L said...

Erika. Thanks for the good post. But why that picture :).

Love ya!

Diane said...

I'm honored to have a picture in your post. You are the best example of looking on the bright side so that must be why you recognize it in others. I really TRY to be positive but man, there are some stupid people out there!!! Just kidding. Come over soon BFF!!!